Saturday, October 24, 2015

How did I get Here?

I had big plans for my weekend last night I swear. It's not my fault I ended up sitting in Books A Million this morning, honest. I was going to paint the guest room today, or at least scrape off the peeling paint and tape off the trim and ceiling. I've learned over years of working on maintenance that nothing ever quite goes as planned however, and this job isn't any different. Putting up a sheetrock wall is a relatively easy task, and when someone eventually decides to paint over the work it should be a simple job. Whoever decided to build the walls of my guest room had something very different in mind.

At a glance, the room's biggest problem is the choice of paint. It is a deep maroon that might have been nice in a bigger room with polished wooden trim and picture windows, instead of a single hung window and white painted boards for trim. If you look closer though, you will notice that none of the walls are quite flat as the builder used two different sizes of materials. To make matters worse, the joint compound used to blend the pieces of drywall together were never properly sanded, giving the wall a rough, unfinished texture. So that's how I ended up here in BAM instead of painting my guest room. After a few hours in one of my favorite places, maybe I won't decide to rip down all the walls and start from scratch....

No comments:

Post a Comment