Friday, October 2, 2015

I've Graduated!

Not too long ago, I found a squirrel in the basement where I work. After a hectic chase, I caught it in a bucket and took it out to the woods. Well, today, I moved up in the world. I caught a porcupine.


We were going to work, sectioning up a fallen tree on one of the trails near the orchard. As we drove past the pavilion I noticed a porcupine eating the apples that had fallen. We've been having trouble with this particular critter, as it would sometimes devour the siding of the cabins or the pavilion doors, so we slammed on the brakes and grabbed a pair of garbage bins that were near the fire pit. Surprisingly, it wasn't very difficult to catch this guy and within minutes we had him caught under one of the cans. As we were relocating him to the opposite side of camp, he managed to get his claws latched onto the rim and poke his head over the top. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, a maintenance man holding a forty gallon trash can with a porcupine looking over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment