Thursday, October 1, 2015

A More Serious Note

This is a hard post to write. To start, let me say that I struggle with mild depression and anxiety. Not to any extreme thankfully, and certainly not as bad as a few friends of mine, but enough to know a little bit about what people go through. Today, I heard someone say that if they were ever to become bed-ridden they would end it. That death would be better than forcing someone to wait on them day in and day out. Now this was said partly as a jest assuredly, but it still hit me hard. I know what it is like to struggle just to get out of bed, the feeling that dealing with another day is just to draining. The sheer exhaustion is incredible.

I also realize how much my life means to the people around me. If I can't imagine the pain of loosing a friend, how could I possibly want someone that I care about to feel what I dread? If you know someone who is struggling in some way, reach out to them, tell them that you love them and support them. Don't ever let someone you care about slip away because they feel unwanted or alone. This might hit certain people hard, and I don't mean to hurt anyone, but many of us have people around us who are hurting already, people who need to know that they aren't alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment