Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Soccer and Balloons

I was watching a soccer game today when a hot air balloon rose above the trees past the far side of the field. As someone who needs to ask the difference between the World Cup and the World Series, I was instantly distracted, wondering what it would be like to watch the people from above the trees. Incidentally, even as I've been writing about soccer, I looked over to see one of the dragon figurines on my shelf and began to wonder whether flying on a balloon would be nearly as much fun as riding a dragon through the clouds. All this to say, it's not that I don't find soccer fun, I simply lost interest when I found out that fun came in second to winning. Honestly that might be why I went from wanting to join the team in school, to running the grill for the concession stand for every home game. Watching people is so much more interesting than watching a ball bounce around a field.


No comments:

Post a Comment