Thursday, September 24, 2015

What is it About a Book?

I'm not the greatest with technology. I can make my way around, fixing my computer when it acts funny, or figuring out how to use a new app on my ipod. I'm no stranger to gaming consoles, my xbox currently runs everything from games to television, and I even have a kindle to take my books with me on the road. As handy as these gadgets are, every one of them begins to pale in before a good book bound hard or soft.

What is it about a good, solid book that makes it so much more satisfying than words on a screen? An odd thing to say perhaps, particularly for someone who writes on a blog, but true none the less. As handy as my kindle is, for travel and the like, I would much rather relax on my couch with a book, a book with pages that I can feel and turn. There's nothing quite like it, so lost in a story that you don't even remember turning the pages or feel the weight of paper in your hands. So simple a thing, ink and paper, but so powerful and wonderful all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment